Listen to the podcast on Soundcloud or on your favorite podcast platform
In this episode, we speak with Professor Bill von Hippel from the University of Quensland about his latest book “The Social Leap – The new Evolutionary Science of Who We Are, Where We Come From and What Makes Us Happy”, helping us to understand how the last 6 millions years of Human evolution have forged our modern lives – from work and relationship to leadership and innovation and our quest for happiness.
In this conversation we discussed:
– Why the human evolution is so important to understand our current behaviors
– How do we know what our ancestors thought and did
– The key big steps in our evolution
– The critical role of the psychology of collective action to understand our evolution and who we are now
– Our move from the rainforest to the Savannah that Bill describes as the “Social Leap”
– 2 key dimensions in what make us humans : homo socialis and homo innovatio
– What is an elephant leader and a baboon leader and what can be done to enhance Moral leadership?
– And Bill’s 10 recommendations to be happy